Halloween // Help with costumes - twins (fam of 5)

Looking for a REALLY good family Halloween costume idea for a family of 5!

We have:
Mom + Dad
Identical 5-year-old twin girls
A 2-year-old boy

I’m looking for something a little outside the box, the kind of costume where people see us and go, “Ohhh, that is SO clever!” but NOT so random or obscure that we have to explain what we are.

Some criteria:
All 3 kids should have fun/important roles. I don’t want Mom and Dad to be the main characters while the kids are basically accessories.

I LOVE DIYing costumes and am totally willing to put some work into this.

It can be a movie/show/book theme OR something that isn’t normally a Halloween costume at all, as long as people immediately understand the concept.
I’m trying to avoid the really common family costumes you see everywhere.

For reference, last year we did The Parent Trap, which was PERFECT because our girls are actual identical twins. That’s the kind of clever casting/concept I’m chasing again. We’ve also already done Toy Story and a farmer/farm-animal theme, so those are out.



Comments