Halloween // Help with DIY planet/solar system costumes

Hiiii! I’m not sure if this should be posted here, but figured since you all have toddlers someone’s had to have an idea or hopefully made costumes for their little and can give me some ideas.

My 2 boys (2.5 and 3.5) LOVE the solar system and one wants to be SYirdn and the other Mars (ik going to be Miss frizzle)l and hoping to get dad onboard as the iguana or magic school bus.

I was going to do a hula hoop and create the main planet with styrofoam balls and hang them from the hoop then one brother gets the giant planets and then the other gets terrestrial planets. Maybe add some glowy and flowy lights on their wrists like meteors. I’m really not so diy but I want to try and I’d like to be more diy.

Anyone have ideas or tips for me? If the hoop ends up being a bit too much I’m thinking sweatshirt and then adding half styrofoam balls to them.

Should I add some cool props that they don’t have to hold? Or should I add some sort of pole and invisible string that can hold the planet above them?

Help!!!



Comments