Halloween // Questions about fake blood for my Halloween costume (because the dress is silky)a

I'm going as Carrie and I wanna be covered in blood. I got a dress and a wig.

Thought process:

1) Initial thought: I'll just pour fake blood all over myself before I go out! Then I realized if I'm a sopping gross mess, I can't go into houses, touch anything, sit down anywhere, get into an Uber or my car

2) Second thought: Ahead of time, I could pour paint all over the dress and let it dry. But what kind of fake blood or paint would definitely stick to a silky, slick fabric and stay there and dry properly? Would paint stick and if so, would it look good?

4). Third thought: Then after dress is ready and dry, just pour the fake blood all over the wig and face before I go out! But then--- if the wig and face is sticky w/fake blood before I leave, I can't get into my car or an uber (I wanna be like, covered in blood, no cute sprinkles)

Anyone have insight into these? What to do! Picked this in part because I thought it'd be the easiest costume but realizing it's not. Went to a special effects sub but it was pretty dead

Any help/insight would be appreciated, thanks very much.



Comments