Halloween // Halloween Shopping Attempt - 7/08

Today I decided to do a Halloween hunt at all the local stores who usually carry Halloween decorations. I’m here to share the results of my search, along with some insider info! For reference, I’m in central Texas.

  1. Cracker Barrel: Full stock of Halloween goods! Seriously, the whole line except the lantern ghost. I really love their products this year and purchased the "Acrylic LED Smoking Ghost" and "Haunted House with Projection Lights". The ghost's body has a light-up flowing smoke effect, and the haunted house has all the windows flash, the moon is attached to the top and lit, it projects bat lights behind it, and makes noise. You can see the full lineup of Cracker Barrel Halloween products here

  2. Target: Not a damn thing, as expected. “Back to school” stuff always occupies the seasonal section first.

  3. Kirkland’s: Not a damn thing, not even any generic fall stuff!

  4. Michaels: A few Lemax spooky town pieces (hidden high on a shelf) and some generic Fall pillows, wreath stuff, garland stuff, and flowers.

  5. Homegoods: Not a damn thing, not even Fall.

  6. At Home: A few tiny scattered sections of Halloween products (door mats, Jack o lanterns, wooden standees, and some fake black trees).

Insider info:

  • My Cracker Barrel reportedly gets their trucks on Tuesdays and starts stocking Wednesday morning. I was told to call about the lantern ghost on Wednesday mornings.

  • Michaels: An employee said they got a ton of Halloween stuff on the truck today. She said she remembers stocking it about this time last year, so it should be “soon.”

  • At Home: An employee said they would be stocking Halloween stuff on the shelves this weekend!

I’m definitely going to be calling Cracker Barrel every Wednesday for the ghost, and I’ll probably check Michaels and At Home this coming Monday.

I encourage y’all to check your locations of these stores, as they’re probably around the same point as mine. Again, I really loved Cracker Barrel’s stuff and encourage y’all to check it out!



Comments