Halloween // Anyone here familiar with building EL light strips or other LED ropes, etc that are safe for outside decor?

I've been looking at EL light strips and LED light strips recently, and am looking for customizable, weatherproof products to line my sidewalks. I'm interested in the types that can be cut to length and connected end to end.

Most seem to be battery-powered or cigarette outlet powered and for use on costumes or in the interior of vehicles. I'd prefer either USB or a standard plugin power source so that I can connect them to my outdoor timer strip.

I'm open to basic soldering if that's part of the customization process. I've seen male to female links for some types of lights, but can't seem to find a good set of components to play around with and many types of wire have different shapes as well as varying numbers of pins.

Is anyone familiar with using these types of lights? I'd love any suggestions or tips on what to look for (pin numbers, brands, etc.) and where to find compatible components for customization.

Please and thank you!



Comments