Halloween // Why Halloween means so much to me

You know, as a 32 year old male- a lot of my friends and family laugh when I get giddy about the incoming fall season, Halloween spooky festivities and general mood I get into.

But no one truly understands why it makes me feel so elated.

Halloween and Fall in general bring me back to childhood, a time of no worries. A time when my parents were still young, a time where my biggest goal in life was to fill my pillow case with treats and chips and the cool house giving out soda.

The chill in the air in early September signaling the auspicious occasion en route. The movies, the crunchy leaves, the runway to the holiday season. The refreshing ciders, now the delicious ales and beers.

Moreover, the symbolic nature of the death of summer, and renewal of the autumn season. It’s just all so calming.

Recently I’ve been going through a lot of personal issues, anxiety, and general sadness. Reading through these forums, reminding myself fall and Halloween is right around the corner, and knowing this will be my sons first fall of many- is making everything feel alright.

Knowing I get to decorate my yard, home, buy my sons first costume is oddly assuring that life will turn out okay. That’s why I love Halloween, it’s a reminder that anything can happen but life always returns to a state of equilibrium.



Comments