Halloween // My safe(?) trick-or-treat idea

I've been trying to figure out how to actually do trick-or-treating this year with Covid. Last year I built a coffin that has a cross cut out of the top. I had a hand coming out of it last year.

My idea is to have a little station for the kids to come up to with the coffin next to it. They have to put on a glove (I'll say something like you don't want to touch the corpse with your bare hand do you?) and reach into the coffin to get their little pre-made bag of candy. Then they immediately throw the glove away and the next kid in line comes up.

Think this will work? My wife says the only thing she could think of if our kid was little again was she wouldn't want to walk near anyone's house, so put the station up at the top of the driveway. Also, make sure to have a contingency plan for the tiny ones who will absolutely not stick their hand in a coffin, maybe just do it for them (glove and all). Also, the coffin won't actually have anything inside of it, just the act of sticking their hand in there might be enough, and I plan on dressing up with a mask.

Any problems I'm missing?



Comments