Halloween // Coworker has never heard of The Legend of Sleepy Hollow/Headless Horseman/Ichabod Crane...

Copied from my Facebook post.

I've officially hit the (working) social age gap between generations. I work with a guy who is an EDM fanatic and he just found out that DJ's actually used to spin "REAL records!!"... Had he not done his research on what DJ stands for?! And then tonight I found out that he has never heard of The Legend of Sleepy Hollow, Ichabod Crane, The Headless Horseman, or anything to do with the tale... I went on to explain the legend in detail and he realised "oh, that's the dude on the horse without a head and he's holding a pumpkin?" Like, I get the difference in generations and such. But that tale is hundreds of years old, and every generation since has learned about it during Halloween. My heart went out to him as I thought to myself "man, your childhood experience of Halloween must have SUCKED". 😂🎃 I did my part and pointed him in the direction of the Tim Burton film, but he'll probably just go home to his bro-friends and tell the tale of the old, Halloween-loving guy who tried to tell HIM a tale like some campfire story 😂(I spotted 4 more gray hairs today)



Comments